A great Advertising Age article that talks about how social media--while valuable--is not a cure for all ills.
Social media can't:
- Substitute for marketing strategy.
- Succeed without top management buy-in.
- Be viewed as a short-term project.
- Produce meaningful, measurable results quickly.
- Be done in-house by the vast majority of companies.
- Provide a quick fix to the bottom line or a tarnished reputation.
- Be done without a realistic budget.
- Guarantee sales or influence.
- Be done by "kids" who "understand social innately."
- Replace PR.