Today I want to talk about the kinds of things that economic developers should be twittering about. Because having a Twitter account is only the first step. It's what you do with it that matters.
- Rankings. Twitter is a great way to do a little bragging.
- Invitations. Invite your users to join a newsletter, become a member, request information, attend an event. You name it. Whatever you have going on or going out, your followers want to hear about it.
- Engage your followers. Respond to their questions and comments.
- Promote your partners and others who tweet about your location.
- Send your followers to a variety of information sources about your place. Articles, news stories, the tourism board's site, the chamber site (if you aren't the chamber), the ED site (if you are), etc. Links are key to Twitter.