If you have been following our recent strand of search engine marketing tips, you already know that the search engines are doing their best to be best friends forever with your users. And, thus, if you want the search engine to like you, you need the users to like you.
We've elaborated on this in:
And now I'd just like to reiterate a few key points. Something shorter and sweeter that you can print out and put up on your fridge:
- If your website is good for the user, it's good for the search engine
- Be relevant: ask yourself the questions that your users are asking and then answer them on your site
- Be useful: make sure your information is up-to-date, listen to your users and learn from them
- Get a good layout: your website should be clean and your content should be clear
- Be easy to read: headlines, subheaders, bullet points and clear language are vital