Have an hour to learn about blogging and how to get your content to rank high in Google? The speaker in the below video works for Google. And the video is both informative and funny.
For those of you who don't have time to watch the whole video, here are a few key points:
- If your meta data is not relevant to your content, Google will block you.
- Vary your key phrases. If you are after "business in Texas", try using "Texas business," businesses in Texas," "Texas businesses" and "business Texas."
- Google wants the best, most usable content - so make your content user-friendly. (Read the blog posts we wrote on this recently.)
- Use ALT tags to index your images for Google's image search.
- Check out your site on a smart phone. If it looks bad, people won't come back.
If you don't have time to watch the video or read my tips, you should contact us and let us optimize your site for you.