Economic developers need tools; back pocket tools that aid in making their work easier. And easier means having the necessary resources readily available for when tough decisions arise. Decisions like:
- How do we position our community digitally so that we generate utmost awareness?
- What are other economic development organizations doing that we can emulate and make work for our community?
- Through what social channels can we reach our desired audiences, and how do we most effectively promote ourselves on each of these platforms?
- In economic development, where are the decision makers looking for information? And what types of information do they want to consume?
- What are the methodologies driving the profession? Are there new strategies and techniques EDOs are deploying that we too can utilize for maximum exposure and impact?